Monday, October 8, 2007

2 month haitus to Richardson, Texas AT&T

Wow after a 2 month assignment and $8k poorer, I'm back in Maryland Heights. It's good to be home, though I do miss the Triage team which I trained to do initial investigation for the OMS software by Amdocs.

Why Richardson Texas? Well because AT&T is there. Within that area there's Nortel and Verizon also and a huge AT&T building. Can't miss it if you're on Hwy 75. (2600 N Central Expressway). They even installed a new lighted AT&T sign so that if you're southbound on Hwy 75 you can see it's their building.

Hmm yeah worked like crazy.. filed 73.5 hrs the first week because of poor organization and each and all of us worked 12 hrs daily and many 16++ hrs.

To a certain degree I guess I felt kind of honored (for the first time in Amdocs) because they (not all of them only a smaller group) finally recognized that I had some talent and knack of doing some much needed help related to initial investigation for issues related to the ordering application software.

No offense to the people in Dallas, but the traffic is horrible and your drivers drive way to fast and tailgate.

Went to the 6th Floor Dealy Plaza Museum... quite sad to read the events of the assassination of JFK.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/
bambi_seller/2007_09_21_JFK_Museum/


While I was there I found a small comfort zone... a chinese grocery place. Ohh yeah! And it's Aug Sept so I also found mooncake for sale. So I am guilty of sharing a small bit of chinese culture with the other folks in the triage team. There was pearl tea also.

Overall I still didn't like the idea of me spending my $8k and then only after jumping through 2 hoops I get my reimbursement. Even got fined for over limit spending. Anyway I hope I get my reimbursement soon.

I hope also my pay raise comes soon. Stupid staffing companies. Can't live with them and can't live without them. Possibly the true culprits of the H1b visa abuse.

Besides that, well things are somewhat back to normal. Restarted my life here in Maryland Heights. I actually turned off my refridgerator (why waste power on running the fridge if I am not going to be home for 2 weeks at a time?) and turned off the air conditioning. Not that I normally use them, only to cool off or heat the house just enough and then I would turn it off already.

So sad that my rose plant had died, but I guess one less thing for me to take care of.

I can't wait for winter to come. I think I am a winter person, I like the cold weather, fall leaves and snow. The only bad thing is if it gets dangerous while driving and having a dead car battery. That really sucks.

A bunch of my friends this year have been getting married. Maybe it's the wedding blues time.

Anyway, this is all the time I have for storied this time around. Hope to update more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment