Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seattle dating scene be damned... else Roy be damned

Hmm two things... either I need to change my expectations and be more patient with Seattle girls when it comes to dating and not over doing it / thinking too much about it and just enjoy any dates if it happens, else these pacific Northwest girl really really need to change the whole damned Seattle Freeze in them. Here's what / why I'm torn, some people say just enjoy the date and be yourself, that's definitely credible and being unpretentious and people will get to know you for who you are, but at the same time I'm reading all these dating tips saying that you need to ask subtle questions which will then slowly reveal the true nature of the other person.

Call me unsophisticated and an engineer, I don't do gray most of the time unfortunately. I deal in 1's and 0's, black or white mostly. I definitely do understand there is a proper time for proper questions when it comes to dating, so as not to scare a potential mate away but by God, I'm not a Psychology major... and I don't really do what the interviewers do, for example: "Tell me more about yourself" is a fucking trick question to see if you're going to ramble about your hobbies and where your buttock pimple is, but a question about your professional side. Note to self: assassinate whomever who came up with this "Tell me more about yourself" question.

Reason for such a big statement / soap box action is due to another possible unenthusiastic potential date. I feel as if I'm doing a lot to show that I'm not your typical PNW guy with a passive aggressive demeanor (and I'm not for crying out loud, I'm from Malaysia and an ISTJ, though more ESTJ these days). I try hard to keep communications prompt and in detail and yet all I get is a lackluster / mundane / demure / nonchalant reply. W T F is all I can say. Perhaps I'm overdoing it, perhaps I'm indeed a hyper and overwhelming type personality at times and trust me I always try to see things from both points of views, so I don't think I'm doing it too wrongly per se. I think I'm imposing / expecting the other party to reciprocate with at least some enthusiasm, which some people have the same train of thought, else it's the whole social ineptness typical of the pacific north west.

Anyways, I'm gonna play it cool, lesson learnt deal in gray Roy... deal in gray and 0.5. You are who you are and you cannot expect others to do / behave like you else  the world would be a boringly good predictable world. I guess I'm just tired of courtship and the whole cat and mouse game and perhaps I'm thinking like a PNW guy that I'm a great catch. I don't doubt myself, but I definitely need to let nature take it's course.

Need to go borrow a dating for dummies book and read it, then perhaps I'll be a better dater and have more success. We'll see. For now I'm definitely gonna take my time and "treat others and they would treat you". If you're nonchalant, 2 can play at the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment