Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Interesting, when someone says no that's when the rubber meets asphalt

What had transpired before this was to my "male intuition" was that she seemed to be giving me a "I'm not interested" type feedback but, that was contrary to what I had heard as a feedback from IJL that Johanna said I did not need to change the way that I am and that she wouldn't mind seeing me again. I was right, and I'm saying this with a smile and without any hurt or animosity because of the after the fact that I had found out.

So I do admit that my dating resume is thin but it's a slow and painful process of learning what works and what doesn't, so I thought. So the invitation to the Picasso art Museum didn't materialize and so she Johanna had suggested coffe in 2 very brief sentence, again an indication of "I'm not really interested". So then on the day of the coffee, she gets pulled into a last minute meeting and has to cancel, and in the response, no offer for another day / to reschedule. Oookay I told myself, we'll try again. So this time I counter offer with my exotic menu of items for dinner at my place. Bad idea... datre #2 and already dinner at the guy's palce = fail.

Johanna replies in a the fashinable short 2 sentence that the menu is overwhelming, and counter offered with another coffee meetup. I went out for coffee with Johanna. That was when I found out that her feedback was as above and there was a but... but he looks a  lot like my brother and I don't think I am comfortable with that, or so she claims to have said as a feedback. So we had a good laugh about the whole lost in translation that I was thinking I still had a chance while she was probably thinking why I'm still trying so hard when she already indicated a no to IJL and was hoping that they'd tell me it's a no go.

I did ask IJL and their feedback was that yes she did say that I looked like her brother but it was in a good way. They suggested that perhaps she wasn't sure at that time with the feedback and wanted to see if indeed I'd be too much like her brother. Anyways, to each their own, not necessarily some things would sail other people's boat so I'd let it go. I did tell Johanna that in future, depending on an individual's personality it's ok to say "No I'm not interested" rather than play the cold shoulder game and hints. I know I take rejections well, it's part of this whole dating game thing.

Anyways, so we'll see. I'll be on vacation so it'll be good to relax and chill out. Especially after working 10 days straight...

No comments:

Post a Comment